Imagine being able to raise food, raise some money and have a chance to pull a 145 ton shiny locomotive to possibly set a World Record, all because you want to help ensure that there is enough food on the shelves of the Barrie Food Bank to feed those in need.
What a win-win for everyone; all you need to do is:
1) put your team of 12 enthusiastic women together,
2) register your team on the team registration form (in the attached kit)
3) collect the $50.00 registration fee from each team member,
4) have each team member sign the commitment form to start collecting pledges or food of a $150.00 goal,
5) have each team member sign both waivers (12 Ladies’ and Metrolinx’s). (NOTE: Both waivers are posted in a separate news post on this web page).
6) take your team Kits (attached) with the $600.00 registration fee to Scott Grisewood at Athletes Choice, 137 Collier St., Barrie.
7) start your training, collecting of food and pledges and get ready for a great event!
This competition is part of the 2nd annual 12 Ladies in a Tent event taking place at Allandale Station Park across from the train station. The 12 Ladies have a goal to raise 150,000 pounds of food in support of the Barrie Food Bank.
The World Record idea came from Scott Grisewood of Athletes Choice who approached Kris Hughston of Hughston Insurance Solutions (and chair of the 12 Ladies in a Tent) with the idea of a 150 foot rope, a 145 ton locomotive and 12 very competitive women to make the farthest pull in 1.5 minutes and set a World Record, while at the same time raise food and money in support of the Barrie Food Bank.
The Event: The actual competition will take place at the Allandale GO Station starting at 1:00 pm on Saturday June 8, 2013 and will run until each team has had their pull. Teams will have one opportunity to make their best pull before a World Record team is declared.
Registration Kits need to be completed and sent to Scott by May17th, 2013 cheques payable for the registration fees and pledges are to be made out to the Barrie Food Bank.
Tax receipts will be provided to donors making a minimum $20.00 and must provide a complete name, address and postal code.
All participants will receive a T-Shirt. Prizes will be awarded to the individuals who bring in the most pledges and/or food donations. There will also be a trophy and prizes for the12 athletes on the team that win the World Record. There will be extensive media coverage around this event, make sure you are okay with being on TV and/or radio.
For more information on how to get your team registered, please contact:
Scott Grisewood : (705) 726-0300, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the 12 Ladies in a Tent and the Barrie Food Bank, please contact:
Peter Sundborg (705) 725-1818 ext. 2002, email: email@example.com
Kris Hughston (705) 790-8123, email: firstname.lastname@example.org