Our services have changed. There are two options of our monthly service for our clients to choose from, the choice of our self-shop ‘Markteplace‘ visit, or a Pre-packaged Hamper. Equitable quantity for both options are according to household size. Clients are eligible for a food hamper once every 30 days. You can book an appointment for the following month when you come in to visit, or on the online option above. If you have an appointment, please come in at your appointment time. If you miss your appointment you can drop-in during our Monthly Food Service hours anytime after your appointment.
Our Monthly Food Service Hours:
Monday & Friday: 1:00-4:30pm
Each visit, you are required to bring:
- Photo Identification for ALL adults in the household (driver’s license, passport, student ID)
- Identification for ALL minors in the household (birth certificates, passports or government issued ID)
- Proof of address (utility bill, rent receipt with address, lease agreement, government issued documents)
- NOTE: This information is asked for each visit for food assistance. All data provided to us is private and confidential.
1. The self-shop ‘Marketplace’ allows our clients choice of what products they take home according to their household size. The look and feel of warehouse shopping. Please bring your own reusable shopping bags. The Marketplace closed 30 minutes prior to our closing hours. Clients visiting at that time will only have option 2. Prepackaged hampers.
2. Pre-packaged hamper usually contains: canned vegetables, soups/stews, cereal, pasta, peanut butter, crackers, jam, and canned meat, frozen meat, milk, eggs, dairy, fresh seasonal vegetables, bread/baked goods. Items vary depending on donations and stock level.
3. Emergency Services are availalble three mornings a week for those without identification or no current fixed address (NFA). This is an offering of non-perishable and perishable options
Emergency Services Hours:
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday : 9:00-11:00am
Getting your Groceries Home
- You can expect to take 7 to 10 bags of groceries home depending on family size. Our friendly volunteers can assist getting your groceries to your car if needed.
- If you can not make arrangements to get here, please call us before 10:00am on the day you plan to visit, and we may be able to assist you depending on the circumstances. Our priority for is clients who are very ill, disabled, or under quarantine. We have a limited number of volunteers who can do deliveries for special circumstances.